11th February 2015
Each country is different so the traffic rules, too. In Polish school children are educated how to behave in the streets since they start their primary school at 6. Some schools decided to build " sample streets with road signs" for educational purpose..
It a sample street located next to Elementary and High Junior School ..
Road signs around my place
Do you know them ? Or they are different in your corner of the world...
Some rules of the road and driving tips for driving in Poland
- Traffic drives on the right hand side of the road and overtaking should be on the left of the overtaken car. On dual carriageways you will find many drivers overtaking using the inside lane, so be careful of these no-brains!
- All year round all vehicles must use headlights both night and day in Poland.
- You are required to carry a warning triangle, first aid kit and small fire extinguisher in cars.
- Accidents must be reported to the police. It's illegal to leave the scene of an accident.
- Trams may be passed on the right; but when a tram stops, drivers must yield to the passengers who leave the tram.
- Buses leaving a bus stop have the right of way.
- Watch out for the big trees growing in rows along many Polish roads.
- It is prohibited in Polish law to use hand-held mobile phones while driving