Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 May 2015

Turkey - what has surprised me there..

8th May 2015

As you know 3% of Turkey is located in Europe and  97% is located in Asia.  Aksaray which we have visited it is a modern and well - developed city. So we can compare it to European cities.
Garden around the school.


The school which we have visited during our international project..


 And it is what was so surprising me very much. It is a toilet for girls and women teachers in school. In Poland we don't have those toilets. In Turkey they are so popular  at school, restaurants and so on.
Luckily in the hotels were toilets in European style..

I will upload much more photos from my tablet so I am going to write much more interesting posts..

18 comments:

  1. I thought there might have been a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awful toilets. I am a bit surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that's not what i'd expect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tex , me too but some Turkish families at home ghave the same toilets

      Delete
  4. Thanks for showing the toilets. Can't image using one like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I think for Turkish women who wear long dresses those toilets are better but in Europe is different situation

      Delete
  5. I am not a fan of squat toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not easy for Westerners to get used to. At least this one is nice and clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, in Europe it is not popular tio wear long dresses and I believe the toilets are mainly designed for Muslim women.. It makes sense , there.

      Delete
  7. Hard for us to imagine a squat toilet, but my daughter had described these from her time in some of these places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda definitely youa re right but we are born and educated in communities where position of women is different from Turkey..

      Delete
  8. A squat toilet would be very hard for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, my opinion was the same but I had to survive there.. It was a restroom adventure..

      Delete
  9. In my country we usually have both sitting and squatting toilets. I am sure many from other nations are not used to the squatting toilet.

    ReplyDelete