Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Sherlock Holmes in London

24th May 2017
It is statue of Sherlock Holmes and me in London. There is also a Museum of Sherlock Holmes nearby. 
The Sherlock Holmes Museum is a privately run museum in London, England, dedicated to the famous fictional detective Sherlock Holmes. It opened in 1990 and is situated in Baker Street, bearing the number 221B by permission of the City of Westminster,although it lies between numbers 237 and 241, near the north end of Baker Street in central London close to Regent's Park.
The Georgian town house which the museum occupies as "221B Baker Street" was formerly used as a boarding house from 1860 to 1936, and covers the period of 1881 to 1904 when Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson were reported to have resided there as tenants of Mrs Hudson. The museum is run by the Sherlock Holmes Society of England, a non-profit organisation.


 

It worth visiting it/.

8 comments:

  1. What fun.
    Sherlock Holmes outlived his creator by a long, long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did outlive his creator. When i was in London in 1979, a tour guide told us that once some tourists asked her to help them find A. Conan Doyle's grave. It was covered with weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect the museum is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! that's nice.. if I visit London I must visit the museum.. my al time favorite hero..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo of you, enjoyed all the photos. I missed this museum the last time I was in London. I will go there next time. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo of you with Sherlock Holmes. I have read many of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read any of the Sherlock books, but I would find this museum most interesting. Nice shot of you with the sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots on the musuem and good to see you there!

    ReplyDelete