Yesterday I had my morning coffee in Silesian Park. The weather was fantastic but the park was not crowded because it was 9 a.m.
The area of the park is 620 hectares. By comparison, it's almost twice as big as Central Park in New York.
It was created in the 1950s from an initiative of local politician Jerzy Ziętek to restore an industrially-devastated piece of land in the middle of a highly urbanized area.
In addition to the extensive green area, the following are located in the park:
- Silesian Stadium
- Silesian Zoological Garden
- Silesian Planetarium
- Silesian Amusement Park
- Upper Silesian Ethnographic Park
- Katowice International Fair Grounds
- Stadium of GKS Katowice
- Shooting range
- a swimming-pool complex
- a water sports center
- tennis courts
- the rose-garden
- The Technical Progress Centre
- a hotel complex, the Polish Tourist' Society and the Polish Scouts' Association district centers, restaurants, cafés and show pavilions where flower shows and other exhibits are held.
In Polish tradition we believe that elephants bring happiness. So had a great month dear friend..
The park is a fantastic place to relax, eat something delicious or ride a bike.
Thanks for visiting!!!