Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 May 2014

The Błędowska Desert

20 th May 2014

Błedowska Desert is the largest dune area in Poland and Central Europe. It occupies 32 km square. It is located here in Upper Silesia.

The Bledowska Sands is Central Europe's largest accumulation of loose sand in an area away from any sea, deposited thousands of years ago by a melting glacier.
During the Second World War, the area was used by the German Africa Korps for training and testing equipment before deployment in Africa.








It is not Africa it's Poland.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! What an awesome place! This is not how I envisioned Poland at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I had no idea! I can't believe the things I learn from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat is that. I had no idea there was a desert in Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had no idea there is a desert in Poland!

    ReplyDelete