Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 November 2016

I love going to theatre..

20th November 2016

Today I have uploaded some photos from Katowice our Province Capital city. Enjoy.

Silesian Theatre  dedicated to Stanisław Wyspiański is the largest theatre in Silesia. It is located on the market square in Katowice.
It was built as "German Theatre" in the years 1905-1907, from plans by German theatre architect Carl Moritz. Its Golden Age was in the late-1940s and the 1950s.


Yesterday I saw a play here.




One of the main street...



From the beginning of 20th century has been lately renovated.


Have a great Sunday. 

THANKS FOR VISIT.




10 comments:

  1. The theatre and market square are so austere when there's no one there. Looks like a cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look very solid and German. Are tickets expensive there? I would see a play once a month if it weren't so costly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we don't have here one so are compel to enjoy cinema only.

    thses views of street are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely series of photos. It is a beautiful city. I really like that theater and the main road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to the theatre is always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a great theatre and I like that it is not crowded in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It been a while since I been to any sort of theater. There been remodeling our for some time now.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to go to the theatre in such a beautiful historic building. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the lovely photos.. I always love to visit your blog as I can see Poland through your lenses.. :) waiting for more photos...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been to the theater for ages. I like the theater building. nice to see your part of the world

    ReplyDelete