Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 November 2016

The old village on the way to home

13th November 2016

As long as my husband drives a car I can take some photo during our journey to our summer place.
It is a Roman Catholic Church in Frysztak which was built in 1924 but the first church from larch was built  here in 1422 - can you believe it. ( I have found it in Wikipedia).
The village started in 1422 and he first settlers were Germans. 


So how many generations had lived here? It is a long history.


It was 9a.m. 11 th November 2016.



19 comments:

  1. While not followed so strongly now, on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, Australia stops for a minute's silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is almost 600 years ago. A beautiful church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even on a gloomy day, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful building and I would have thought it was much earlier than 1924.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really enjoy the topper .. what a unique addition this week. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  6. The church does look a lot earlier than that.
    Lovely way you capture the essence of the places you visit.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband does the driving as I take photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A church with an interesting bell tower. Thanks for sharing,and have a nice day.
    Graciel·la

    ReplyDelete
  9. No-one in our country was building anything to last that long ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC your country is very young comparing to Europe

      Delete
  10. It really stands out! I know the feeling of taking photos from the passenger seat in a car traveling somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do a bit of photographing while my wife drives as well, it works ok as long as the screen is clear

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it that my Hubby likes to drive so I can take photos, too! I love this church. It's so well kept and beautiful. It looks like a great drive.

    ReplyDelete