Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 July 2014

Grandfather George - American Born

20th July 2014

Endless Journey part II


Today is the second part of my family history.  The first was on 13th July.


So my great grandparents reached the destination - the USA - the city Phoenixville in Pennsylvania. Probably my great-great grandmother who was there ran the inn for emigrants in this town. So my great - grandparents ran business with her. In the US turned out my great-grandmother was pregnant during her long journey. On 11th 1900 my grandfather George Condey was born.




It is a treasure to me it has survived many years  as you can see. 



I didn't know my grandfather very well because my father was born when my grandfather was 47. But when I was born he was 72.  I was only 6 when my grandpa died. Most information I have had from my father's siblings. My father was the youngest child in his family.His brothers and sister were 15, 17, and 18 years elder.


BE CONTINUE NEXT SUNDAY

THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG.

8 comments:

  1. nice to have a piece of your family history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course it is nice to know about our roots

      Delete
  2. That isn't a Polish sounding last name. I wonder if they changed the original to something more American. That's what my immigrant ancestors did. It's really nice the baptismal certificate was kept all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you treasure this paperwork. Wishing you a nice week, Gosia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have that certificate & to know part of your family tree...

    ReplyDelete