Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Torun city of my youth

29 th July 2014



I love Torun very much because I studied here. I graduated from Nicolaus Copernicus University so I have a lot of nice memories when I was a student.
I love walking here especially at Szeroka Street which is the most popular street in the city.
The old town in Torun is my favourite place.


City Hall 

Academic Roman- Catholic Church

Szeroka Street



Nicolaus Copernicus Monument


Typical houses next to Copernicus Monument





Time for cycling

On 6 December 1997, during the 21st plenary session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee in Naples, the Medieval Town of Toruń was listed among UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage sites.



Thanks for visiting my blog

More photos tomorrow.




10 comments:

  1. it is nice to have a place that feels like home. :)

    regarding the mourning doves, they are called that because they have a very somber, mournful coo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful old building, and they have been well preserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia , yes Torun is very well -preserved.

      Delete
  3. How fun to see where you attended university. Such beautiful buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful town. I love seeing the wonderful, old buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a lovely place. The Church is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tak Gosiu, Toruń to magiczne miejsce. Polecam Chełmno jeśli tam jeszcze nie byłaś. Całe Kujawsko- Pomorskie jest pełne perełek i piękna. Pozdrawiam serdecznie. Wanda

    ReplyDelete