Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 January 2015

Zakopane - one of the most popular city in the Tatra Mountains

29th January 2015

Zakopane is a small town located in the Tatra Mountains. Poles love this place so it is very crowded every weekend. Personally I can say I like it but It is so crowded for me so I prefer different places in the mountains. Zakopane is called "the capital of Polish mountains". my daughter loved it when she was younger now she prefers other cities in Europe. These photos were taken in 2011 in July. At that time I spent with Kate a week there.
Zakopane is located 250 km from my permanent place..



The woman is selling traditional mountain cheese OSCYPEK I have written about it in one of the post..
















Enjoy the fantastic views

15 comments:

  1. They are fantastic views. Shame about too many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During holidays Christmas Easter and scholl brek i abou 1 million. It is a sea of people. Nightmare.

      Delete
  2. Lovely views. Pity about too many people, must be hard to move these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very popular and nice place. But also very expensive

      Delete
  3. Funny photos of your daughter. I expect she might not be so happy that you publish them. We too have places that are just too busy to visit. Too many people here, but your population is not increasing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew. Luckily she doesn't know about it. It is a secret. Now she has different interests - boys. So my blog is my diary as yours..

      Delete
  4. Looks like folks would go there just for the scenery. If it's crowded I'd avoid it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great place but so crowded so I prefer Katowice.

      Delete
  5. Great photos of your 'fashion plate' daughter! Thanks for introducing me to another beautiful place in Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mitchel my daughter loves fashion. So has has a full wardrobe of clothes but there isn't any fashionable clothes in her opinion. She is so spoiled and she loves shopping everywhere.. Zakopane is a fantastic place and is a must visit it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be nice to keep these special places a secret from the crowds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a fun place to visit, Gosia. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mountains! I can see why so many people visit. Gosia, I will send you some hollyhock seeds if you email me your address. My email is on my Google About page.

    ReplyDelete