Powered By Blogger

Saturday 16 May 2015

Mosque in Aksaray - once again.


17th May 2015




The Mosque in the centry of city. Gathering - Holy Day. After that ceremony my friend Halit- Turkish English teacher was my guide in the Mosque. So I could take some nice photo .. inside. It was very interesting tour intio the past


The carpets are very clean because you have to take off your shoes entering the Mosque.. The carpeting is changed every 3 years..

It is very spacious.






The old candlestick





Holy books Koran inside..


Halit my friend


The old door

Halit my friend at his school..



Today Aksaray is a quiet mid-size city. In recent past, many inhabitants migrated to BritainGermany and other European countries for job opportunities.

10 comments:

  1. I have never seen the interior of a mosque. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice carpet....looks odd without something to sit on...but that's their custom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful opportunity to get to see something many of us are so unfamiliar with...the inside, particularly! Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, no pews in the church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing the interior. That's interesting about the carpet being changed every 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing history. That grandfather clock looks just like ours -- although I'll bet it's a bit older!

    ReplyDelete