Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Canary Wharf in London

10th June 2015

We visited this amazing point of London strictly connected with bussiness.
Canary Wharf is a major business district located in Tower HamletsLondon. It is one of the UK's two main financial centres – along with the traditional City of London – and contains many of Europe's tallest buildings, including the second-tallest in Great Britain, One Canada Square.









  Canada Square is a skyscraper in Canary WharfLondon. It was the tallest building in the United Kingdom from 1990 to 2010, standing at 770 feet (235 m) above ground level[16] and containing 50 storeys. In late 2010, it was surpassed by The Shard(completed in July 2012) which stands at 309.6 metres (1,016 ft).


It is really impressive building.In this building works 10000 people. I think I wouldn't like to work here.



Canary Wharf is a fantastic modern place but so crowded at lunch break and rush hour..

10 comments:

  1. some beautiful glass buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely modern buildings, but I'm like Gosia...I wouldn't want to work there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaps of glass and I've never seen photos of this area before. Wonder why it's called Canary Wharf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canary Wharf itself takes its name from No. 32 berth of the West Wood Quay of the Import Dock. This was built in 1936 for Fruit Lines Ltd, a subsidiary of Fred Olsen Lines for the Mediterranean and Canary Islands fruit trade. At their request, the quay and warehouse were given the name Canary Wharf

      Delete
  4. Such tall buildings, I would have to lift up my head high to be able to see the top! It may be nice for holidays but I prefer some places with more greens and nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking it's been too long since the last time I was in London (late '90s). This really makes me want to return. I wouldn't recognise things. And the last time I was on the Underground was in the early '70s. You could still smoke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell it is high time to visit Poland and London of course. Now it is forbidden to smoke in the undrground..

      Delete