Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 January 2016

Light is very important in our life

1st January 2016
On 30th December 2015 we were in Krosno a charming town located in the South - East Poland. Walking on the streets I came across a nice monument of Ignacy Lukasiewicz - famous Polish.



Jan Józef Ignacy Łukasiewicz (Polish pronunciation: [wukaˈɕɛvʲitʂ]; 1822–82) was a Polish] pharmacist and petroleum industry pioneer who in 1856 built the world's first oil refinery. His achievements included the discovery of how to distill kerosene from seep oil, the invention of the modern kerosene lamp (1853), the introduction of the first modern street lamp in Europe (1853), and the construction of the world's first modern oil well (1854).
Łukasiewicz became a wealthy man and one of the most prominent philanthropists in Central Europe's Galicia. Because of his support for the region's economic development, a popular saying attributed all paved roads to his guldens.







It was frosty and windy day and it was unusual that was snowing there because we don't have any snow this winter,. 

I think that Andrew- Highriser
 ( http://highriser.blogspot.com/ )will be satisfied because he asked me to show some snow so I did it. So Andrew this cold post is for you. I love his blog because Highriser is a hard working man who writes every day so interesting post. I have never known so much about Australia but now I am well-educated about this vast continent. 
I believe now you feel colder looking at these photos.

Here in Upper Silesia we don't have any snow right now instead the days are frosty but wonderfully sunny. The weather is going to be very mild in January- my favourite one.

15 comments:

  1. It still looks cold. Happy New Year.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be nice to not have really bad weather, but it is disturbing that the weather is just not normal. It really does look cold in the Lukasiewicz photos with people very heavily dressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, in my opinion it was not cold but ibn the South East is much more colder than at my permanent residence

      Delete
  3. I got to see -- and feel -- some snow while I was in Minnesota, and I enjoyed it, too. It's when it lasts for months and months that I get tired of it. Now I am back in South Carolina and we were at the beach on Edisto Island to celebrate the first day of the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia you are lucky now as I grow older I hate this white item...

      Delete
  4. I'm happy to see snow in your photos but I'm glad we don't have it here even though it makes pretty photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane you are lucky you don't have white season

      Delete
  5. Lighting is wonderful - I don't think living in the "Dark Age"
    may have been what we now call "fun".
    So pleased that you are learning about Australia.
    The "Outback" areas are most interesting - we depend on that region to produce our food, so rain is very important here, and flooding is really a bloody nuisance to put up with.
    I think we should ALL know that food doesn't appear by miracles on supermarket shelves.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Colin we live in the world of light definitly .... But some people live in the Datk Age..

      Delete
  6. Hi Gosia, I would love to experience light snow one day. Not too much of snow and shivering with cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy Come to me in winter you can experience

      Delete
  7. Well at least this winter you gave seen and felt snow....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, all that progress in using oil didn't happen until the 1880s? It must have been a very different way of life before that.

    ReplyDelete