Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 October 2015

The old oak - witness of the Kondej and King family... has survived for centuries...

26th October 2015
The old oak which is called "Ustrobniok" is the only witness of my ancestor's lives. This impressive tree is 310 years old and 17 metres tall. It was planted in 1705.

At that time my family lived there.... and in the 19th century the Kondej and King family decided to leave their homeland.














Unfortunately the oak is not in a good shape but local authorities take care of him carefully.




In Poland the oak is called "the King of trees".

14 comments:

  1. Hi Gosia
    Oaks are certainly "grand trees" - I think they get grander with age.
    Good luck with your new orchid trees - previous blog - you are planning
    for the future - ha ha!
    I have to get you know that here the weather this morning (6.30 am Tues) is
    magnificent. I think you'd be enjoying it here in Brisbane now more than what
    you are having in Bytom.
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin I believe one day I will retire and stay in my summer house among my fruit trees. It is my dream

      Delete
  2. Coiln now in Poland it is 5I it 10.10 pm During the day it is going to be 15C degrees and sunny Tomorrow I am going to write much more..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oak tree is beautiful! I love old trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trees give fresh air and calm us down I love them, too

      Delete
  4. The tree knows your family history and its secrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew it is the only thing who knows the history. And it surviwed WWI and WWII - simply amazing

      Delete
  5. Wonderful old tree and it never ceases to amaze me how a living thing can live so long...may it continue to grow and be strong, it knows many secrets, I'm sure..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oaks live for centuries here . There are older than this one in Poland

      Delete
  6. What a great way to relate to your history. Hope the oak goes on.

    ReplyDelete