Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 March 2014



Monday 3rd March  2014


Visit Silesia and its kept secret: Nikiszowiec

It's Monday again the first day of the week which I really dislike. Monday is the worst day of weekday so I hate it very much. Monday is also the busiest day at my school I have a lot of classes with my students.


Luckily now is evening so I am lucky because tomorrow is Tuesday the second day of week.


I would like to invite you to Nikiszowiec the suburb of Katowice.


Silesia is a region full of hidden treasures. One of them is Nikiszowiec – a hidden district in a heart of Katowice. It is a great place to stroll and feel like at the end of the 19th century. In Nikiszowiec time has stopped 100 years ago. Nikiszowiec is a perfectly preserved small mining district with unique architecture – red brick tenement houses with red framed windows and arcades. It is a paradise for photography fans: it is full of narrow, cobbled picturesque alleys and small squares. There are a lot of gems around, such as special shops, craft workshops and many more that have been operating here from the beginning of the 20th century.The houses look the same at first sight. But it is only delusion. The perceptive observer may discover a subtle, but important difference. Which exactly? You have to look by yourself.

Historic house of Nikiszowiec.






Main street in Nikiszowiec






Houses in Nikiszowiec

Saint Anna Roman-Catholic Church in the middle of Nikiszowiec



View from plane Nikiszowic the most interesting mining settlement in Europe.

4 comments:

  1. I can't work out the difference. The mining settlement has an interesting layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile because I remember those Mondays when I was teaching. I was usually fresh from the weekend though and my first graders would come in with smiles on their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This area looks so interesting. I hope it will stay this way. You are slowly convincing me that I should visit your country. (Plane far is very expensive, however,)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe is a great idea. You should book plane tickets in advance so they are definitely cheaper.

    ReplyDelete