Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Potato Dumplings

19 th March 2014 Wednesday

Today was a very tiring day for me. I have been to my work since 8.30 a.n. to 7 p. I have had a lot classes and parents' meeting in the evening. I came back home at 8.pm.
 Luckily at the weekend I am away to my summer house in the different part of Poland. I believe it would be a nice weekend. 
Tomorrow I am going to cook the potato dumplings because I will come back home at 1 p.m. It's enough time to prepare something different and homemadeand  what's more is tasty and we love it.
This recipe for potato dumplings, known as kluski slaskie , is from Silesia, a region in Poland with parts in the Czech Republic and Germany. 

How to prepare it? It' easy. 

Made with cooked potatoes, Silesian dumplings are unlike any others of its type. They're gummy in texture and you'd swear they could bounce, but that's the way they're supposed to be. Kluski slaskie are typically served as a side dish with the drippings of a roast goose or pork roast, or as the main course with caramelised onions or bacon bits.

Silesian potato dumplings



Yummy. Don't believe. Try to do it.

Makes about 2 dozen Kluski Slaskie
  • 2 pounds peeled potatoes, cooked in salted water
  • 2 large beaten eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
I am going to do about 60 dumplings.
  1. Mash, rice or grind thoroughly drained potatoes. Transfer to a large bowl and mix with eggs and salt. Add as much of the 1 1/2 cups flour (or more) as necessary to make a roll-able dough. Put a large pot of salted water on to boil. Pinch off pieces of dough and roll between the palms to the size of a golf ball or to a 2-inch oblong. When you have 12 dumplings formed, drop them into the boiling water. When dumplings rise to the surface, boil an additional 5 minutes. Test to see if dumpling is done. Remove with slotted spoon to a colander. Repeat with remaining dumpling dough.
  2. Serve with the drippings of roasted meat or poultry, or serve with caramelized onions or fried bacon bits and drippings.
Cook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients:
Preparation:

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Finally, have a tasty dinner.

6 comments:

  1. Dumplings sound very nice.
    That is a long working day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a delicious meal.

    Thank you for your kind words of sympathy for Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious! I think I will try making them this weekend.
    What age children do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an English teacher at High Junior School. My students are at aged 13-16. And I also teach at Silesian University in Katowice- senior citizens. It's my job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I taught literature and composition to children ages 13-18. I also taught adult immigrants English as a Second Language. We have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, and what's more my distant cousin Kornel had lived in Minneapolis but he died last June. Definitely we have a lot of common.

    ReplyDelete